Thursday, July 21, 2011

How to cook Nutella Banana Wonton – 60 Calorie Snack, Healthy and delicious

How to cook Nutella Banana Wonton – 60 Calorie Snack, Healthy and delicious.

There is nothing I love more than finding a recipe for something delicious that is very low in calories and/or fat. This makes me smile. Especially when you can describe it as a little bite of heaven. I love to end the day with dessert, but since I have been eating healthier and calorie counting, I haven’t been consuming much dessert with the exception of the very occasional Skinny Cow ice cream treat on the days I have earned it.
This little bite of heaven is the perfect ending to nearly any day, coming in at only 60 calories for one. Believe me, one is enough, but you could even get away with two and still be considered a low calorie snack.

Nutella Banana Wonton Snack

Nutella Banana Wonton
Nicole’s Weight Loss Recipes
Servings: 2
Calories: 60 • Fat: 2 g • Protein: 1 g • Carb: 10 g • Fiber: 0 g • Sugar: 4 g

You will need:
1 Wonton wrapper (found in the produce dept. usually near the tofu or similar items)
1 tsp. of Nutella
1 small slice of banana
1 egg, beaten (I remove the yolk)
Cooking Spray

How to make a Nutella Banana Wonton:

Grab a cooking pan and spray it with a light coating of cooking spray.

Place a Wonton wrapper on the pan (or as many as you plan to make).

Nutella Banana Wonton Snack

In the center of the Wonton wrapper add 1 teaspoon of Nutella.

Nutella Banana Wonton Snack

Next, place the banana slice on top of the Nutella.

Nutella Banana Wonton Snack

Then, dip your finger into the beaten egg and glaze the edges of the wonton wrapper.

Bring all of the corners into the middle and press them all together. They all of a sudden look fancy. I just noticed I needed to add more egg to my edges in this picture. So, yeah… add egg, make sure you add more than I did to make edges stay closed.

Nutella Banana Wonton Snack

Place your bites of heaven in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until the wonton is how you enjoy it. I have discovered that if I leave the wonton in the oven about 15 minutes and spray the top, I can get it kinda crispy, but I actually like ti softer, so I tend to eliminate the cooking spray all together and pull them out at about 11 minutes so they are still easier to eat. It’s your choice.

Nutella Banana Wonton Snack

Eat and enjoy! They are addicting.

(In other news, I have discovered that I can do a lot of things with Wonton Wrappers…more soon!)

(Oh yeah, and one other note – kids LOVE these. So make them when they aren’t around or make enough to share!)

Free Shipping Store

Free Shipping Store
More than 10'000 products to choose

Special Offer for Readers