- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 large onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 1/2 lbs flounder fillets or cod fish fillets or red snapper fillets or other white fish fillets
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley, leaves only, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over low heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, paprika and salt and stir-fry for 2 to 4 minutes.
3. Cover the mixture completely with the fish fillets.
4. Add the wine, cover the skillet, and cook for 5 minutes over low heat, which is just enough time to steam the fish.
5. Garnish with the parsley.
6. Serve with lemon slices, accompanied by sliced boiled potatoes, sliced boiled yucca, or hot white rice.