- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium size onions, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon ají panca / sundried red aji (chili) paste
- 3 ají mirasol / sundried yellow aji (chili)
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- ¾ cup white wine
- 8 small fish fillets
- 3 lb 5 oz (1 ½ k) fish head, trimmings and bones
- 16 mussels
- 10 ½ oz (300 g) crayfish
- 10 ½ oz (300 g) shrimps
- 10 ½ oz (300 g) squids, cut in rings
- 8 clams, cleaned
- 8 sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped for garnish
Place fish head and bones in a large size pan with 10 cups of salted water and boil for half hour. Add cleaned mussels and boil for 10 minutes. Strain and reserve stock.
Sauté in oil, garlic and onions until soft and clear, but not golden. Add tomato, paprika, sundried red aji paste, whole sundried yellow aji, salt, pepper bay leaf and oregano. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine and continue cooking at low heat for 5 minutes. Add fish stock, soy sauce, cilantro and parsley.
Just before serving place seafood and cooked mussels and bring to a boil for 3 or 4 minutes.
Serve immediately with few key lime drops and green onion.