OCTOPUS IN OLIVE SAUCE
Ingredients :6 servings
- 3 lb 5 oz (1.5 k) octopus
- 14 black olives, pitted
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 ¾ cup olive oil for mayonnaise preparation
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for decoration
Place octopus in a pan and cover completely with water. Boil for 30 or 40 minutes until soft. Remove.
Take dark skin of octopus, with the help of a knife. Refrigerate.
Blend eggs, salt, lime juice, pepper. While blending start pouring olive oil until a thick a mayonnaise is obtained.
Divide and remove half or mayonnaise from blender. Set aside.
Add olives to blender. Blend to form a thick pure. Mix olive mayonnaise with reserved one.
Cut octopus in slices, place them in a serving dish and cover with olive sauce. Garnish with minced parsley and decorate pouring 3 tablespoons olive oil.