Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Easy Salads, Vanilla Fruit Salad Recipe

Easy Salads, Vanilla Fruit Salad Recipe.

I love fruit. I love summer fruit. I could eat it everyday. I love making a quick fruit salad to serve on the side in the summer and my kids love it too. This is one of our favorites. I will also make a up a huge batch of this over a weekend and I use sm. plastic storage containers to divide it up. My kids can pop one into their lunch box in the morning and have yummy fruit for lunch.

Vanilla Fruit Salad

Vanilla Fruit Salad

1 lb. strawberries, halved &/or quartered
1 c. blueberries
1 1/2 c. seedless red and/or green grapes, halved (we usually don’t halve them & we use both!)
2 lg. bananas, sliced
2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
1 c. fresh pineapple, cubed
1 (21oz) can of peach pie filling
3 tsp. vanilla extract

Normally I would show you some step by steps, except there aren’t too many steps, and I’m sure you know how to cut up fruit so… LOL

In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries, grapes, bananas, kiwi and pineapple. Fold in the pie filling and the vanilla. For the record, we have tried it with cherry pie filling at Christmas time (yum!) and Apple Pie Filling in the fall (another yum!), so feel free to change it up. Chill until serving. So good!

Free Shipping Store

Free Shipping Store
More than 10'000 products to choose

Special Offer for Readers