Monday, July 18, 2011

How to cook Frozen Pistachio Mousse, easy recipe

How to cook Frozen Pistachio Mousse, easy recipe.

One of my favorite flavors is pistachio. I just love it and could quite possibly consume large amounts of anything flavored like a pistachio, well forever.

I recently went on a hunt for a good pistachio cupcake recipe and wound up making my own.

So in honor of my beloved flavor, I am sharing an amazing, delicious – super easy dessert with you.

Frozen Pistachio Mousse Recipe

3 rolls Ritz crackers
1 (20 oz.) container of whipped topping
1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream
2 boxes of instant pistachio pudding mix
1/2 c. butter
optional: crushed pistachios, cherry, whipped cream

Directions: Finely crush all of the Ritz crackers. Melt your butter and mix it in with the crackers (see the notes below to see what else we have used instead of the Ritz crackers). Using a muffin pan, or a fancy mini cake pan, etc. layer the crushed crackers (or cookies) into the bottom of each cup. (these can also be made in dixie cups). In a bowl, mix the ice cream and the pistachio instant pudding really well. Then fold in the whipped cream.

Spoon the ice cream into the cups on top of the crackers. Freeze everything for about an hour or so. So refreshing on a hot day. (not to mention they are super pretty and look like you spent hours on them). Garnish with whipped cream and a cherry on top. You can also sprinkle crushed pistachios on top.

Note: I thought I would point out that we often crush oreo cookies for the “crust”. We scrape off the icing and mash up the oreo’s. We’ve also used graham crackers, etc. Whatever I happen to have on hand.

Free Shipping Store

Free Shipping Store
More than 10'000 products to choose

Special Offer for Readers